
Making movies, what fun!
Last Saturday all of us cast and crew for Germane Productions (check out www.germaneproductions.com and you can join yourself.) got together for the very first day of filming. The location was a old warehouse. Considering it was a good two hour drive from my house, an early start was a must. Brian (my brother/director/actor/script writer.... he's amazing) was very gracious and moved our time of departure from 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.

granting a few more minutes sleep. Wasn't that sweet of him... you can see the effect those
few moments of beauty sleep had on me. That is all to my brother's credit. Oh, and I have to mention that it was snowing when we left.
Upon our arrival Natalie (Brian's adorable wife) and I
took on the most important set up duty known to man.... the espresso maker. Our combined genius found and created an orderly coffee station ready for service.
Once everyone showed up we were ready for action.

It took some time to set up all the
equipment and get things going but it was
great to work with everyone there. It really was a great group of people.
The warehouse was wet and cold but work got done in spite of it all. I think I set a personal record
for how many layers of clothing I could put on...
I appericiated every one as the day wore on. There were also lots of big puddles to splash in from the water that poured through the roof.


Let's get rolling! (After make up of course.... Oh, and don't forget the teem meeting.)

Now we are ready. Always remember the smoke machine... that is my tip of the day.
Here's a sampling of the job titles I was given by my brother. Props director, second assistant to the director and "Keeper of the book". The last duty listed was what mainly took my time. Meaning I held a book, I mean.... thee book with the directors scrip and story boards. I know it does not sound exciting but I can assure you that it was an honor to do so. Here I'll show you my job in action. So as you can see it was needed. Not just to be there but to be on the right page at the right time. A real time saver. (I really didn't hold it the whole time I just liked the title. Wouldn't you agree that its unique?)
The last half of the day there was nothing that could pull me away from my task... except an orchestra concert. Jacqueline, Stephen, and Priscilla were performing with their orchestra that night. I could not resist. If only I had come prepared, for the first time in my life I attended a concert in muddy jeans. Shameful, I know. But it could not be helped. They all did splendid by the way. I really enjoyed it. I went back on Sunday to help too. I was really proud of myself, I almost stepped on the biggest dead rat ever and did not scream. Amazing.
Now that's a pretty good way to spend a weekend if you ask me. Spending time with a great group of people in a cold, wet warehouse movie making.... who can beat that for weekend fun?

1 comment:
That smoke machine!!! You had to have been there to fully appreciate the obnoxious beast...
Besides that, though, I was fairly impressed at the quality of the shots. The finished project is going to be fantastic.
Post a Comment