Thursday, January 24, 2008

A City Excursion


        
I must make note of this monumental event. For the second time in my years of driving I made a safe and successful trip to the "big" city in these parts. I will avoid city driving (and drivers) at all costs but when it comes to visiting close friends I can't resist. I had to see for myself how they were fairing college life. So I set off after my piano lesson Friday morning with my large print mapquest directions and Rush blaring on the radio. 
             
My first stop was to visit my loyal childhood friend Sarah. Time was too short like always, but it was enough for lunch and a little chitchat. And of course we also tried to take pictures of ourselves to document this visit. Sarah truly has a talent for photography. Check out these winners.... 
   
                        
Second stop of the day was my dear friends from church Marissa (lower right)and her sister McKenzie (left... yes she does smile. I just have a bad habit of catching people off guard when I take pictures. But look at how photogenic she is, she doesn't even have to try!). I got the grand tour of there expansive college dwelling and gave them my approval (yes, of course they needed my approval). After we went out for dinner it was back to
 the country, only this time I had
 navigators.  
So we all headed home
for the weekend. I was so 
happy when I started to see tractor crossing road signs again instead of one way, five lane city streets. 
There's no place like home! 

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Ha ha yes that was a fun trip. I was so happy you came up to see me. And yes I agree, McKenzie is so photogenic!!! lol

Kaitlin said...

I agree it was fun... I'm glad I made the trip!

Next time I will charge my camera battery so Kenzie can pose to her hearts content. I did feel a little guilty posting her candid pic but I couldn't resist! It had to be done. I'll have to get her one of those peanut butter.. buster... thingies as compensation.